PTSO Meeting Dates
All members of the NNHS PTSO are welcome to attend PTSO Board Meetings. The 2023-24 PTSO Board Meeting schedule is as follows:
- September 19
- October 24
- December 5*
- January 16*
- February 6*
- April 2
- May 14 (Annual Meeting)
*denotes virtual meeting
As mentioned above, the PTSO Annual Meeting occurs in May. During this meeting, we vote on our slate and discuss events for the following school year.
About the PTSO
- Dues and Directory
- Board and Committees
- Educational Excellence Fundraising Campaign
Your PTSO strives to bring together the parents and guardians of our diverse student body in ways that are both enriching and enjoyable. We invite you to join the North PTSO community; to take advantage of the many educational, cultural, and fundraising events throughout the year; and to use these great opportunities to socialize, volunteer, and learn as you connect with other parents and guardians.
- Socialize at Northside – Porchside, a progressive meal for all parents/guardians.
- Volunteer for committees like Teacher Appreciation (providing food to our hardworking teachers and staff); and events like Celebration, an after‐prom gathering for all seniors. We have several volunteer openings this year including class liaison and Educational Excellence campaign co-chair.
- Learn something new at PTSO events, including the Just Think: Teens Making Smart Choices prevention expo.
Support the Newton North PTSO
The Newton North PTSO depends on your contributions to fund school activities, enrichment materials for classrooms, and events– both social and educational. PTSO-funded items include prom bus transportation, student planners, and staff appreciation events. Make a donation to the PTSO here.
Information goes out only electronically. Subscribe to the PTSO newsletter, Tiger News, here.
- Promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth of Newton North High School students and support the efforts of the staff in providing an optimal educational experience for students
- Encourage and provide opportunities for effective cooperation, collaboration and communication among staff, parents and students and serve as a medium of contact between home and school
- Encourage the involvement of parents in the life of Newton North High School to develop a united effort with school staff to enhance and enrich the student’s school experience
- Provide support and information to the parent community, i.e., keeping them abreast of city and state-wide educational issues and social issues of the high school age child
- Work collaboratively with the Newton North High School Council
- Act as an advocate for public education in Newton
See the PTSO Articles of Organization for further information.
Questions? email: email@example.com