To: Faculty and Staff, Newton North High School
From: NNHS PTSO
Date: October 15, 2019
Re: Grants and Projects Applications —Deadline: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
The NNHS PTSO is pleased to announce that it is opening the Grants and Projects program for the 2019-2020 school year. This program is intended to provide financial support for innovative projects and academic enrichment initiatives that are not funded through the ordinary school budget and where alternative sources of funding are not reasonably accessible. Through the generosity of our parent community, we have been able to provide full or partial funding to the majority of applicants each year. All faculty, staff, and students throughout every department are encouraged to apply for these grants.
GUIDELINES: Approval of projects is based primarily on the following considerations:
- The extent to which the project will provide enrichment or innovative learning experiences.
- The number of students benefiting and the depth of the experience for those students.
- The availability of other sources of funding and efforts made by the applicant to obtain other funding.
- The ability of the project to continue into the future without additional PTSO funds.
Please note: The PTSO Grants and Projects Committee cannot approve any requests for funding the purchase of Chromebooks at this time.
PROCEDURES: In order to be considered, applications must be reviewed by Department Heads (for faculty) or House Deans (for students) and submitted by Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
- Review of Applications: December 2, 2019
- PTSO Board Approval: December 12, 2019
- Award Letters Emailed: December 20, 2019
If you have questions, please contact Grants and Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Request Form:
[* are mandatory fields]